The Academy for Prevention of Human Trafficking and Other Related Matters (TAPHOM) is a platform to raise advocates to be in the forefront of combating human trafficking and other related matters. The academy is initiated to prevent human trafficking in Nigeria and other Africa countries.
The pilot project on TAPHOM was carried in 2015/2016, and more than 6000 people benefited from the impact of 120 young people that were trained.
We are sourcing for support to officially between 2016/2017. If you want support/donate and be part of success story of TAPHOM, contact us.
In detail, TAPHOM will involve the following:
- Capacity building/Training: TAPHOM will groom young people and women as anti-human trafficking advocates. This also includes training of trainers. In 5 years time, every community in Nigeria will have at least 20 trained anti-human trafficking advocates who are engaged in advocacy and social action. Through the capacity building, young tech will be empowered to develop applications to combat cyber trafficking.
- Research: Providing solutions to issues of human trafficking and other human rights abuses through researches and survey. Helping policy makers with data and statistics on human rights. Students in Master and Doctorate degree programme will be empowered to conduct researches on these issues.
- Media: To enhance the reportage of human rights issues and expose incidences of human trafficking, we will create online news platform and television. This will play vital roles in educating citizens on the issues.
- Rehabilitation: Building of shelters where victims will be rehabilitated. The rehabilitation measure will include: counselling and psychological treatment, access to health care services, economic empowerment and skill development, legal aid, safe accommodation, and reintegration services.
- Empowerment of vulnerable people: To reduce or prevent the incidence of human trafficking, TAPHOM will provide educational supports to vulnerable children. Also, indigent women and girls will be supported through skill acquisitions or entrepreneurship development.
- Publication: Publication of information materials, booklets, toolkits, etc to spread the information about human trafficking and other issues.